It has been on my two be-finished list for such a long time, and one of the main reasons that I didn’t finish it is because I read it online three years ago (before I got Andrick, my kindle), and for some reason I never finished it.
And now I did.
And I finished Empire Storms.
And my life is over.
And the Shatter Me series!
…and the hating Game by Susan Throne!
The Reason there is no TBR list for next month is because there are too many, and you can just view it on my Goodreads account. Sorry 😂
I’ve been tagged by the amazing Avalinah @ Avalinah’s Books. Thank you so much for tagging me! You guys should totally check out her blog, it’s gorgeous and just absolutely amazing.
So on to the questions
Best Book You’ve Read So Far in 2017?
Oh man. I think I discovered most of my current favorite series last year…so this wold be a tough question for this year. I know it’s not a single answer (and it’s supposed to), but I guess it’ll be A Court of Thorns and Roses by Sara J. Maas and Angelfall by Susan Ee. Both are the newest edition this year to my list of all-time favorite series.
Best Sequel You’ve Read So Far in 2017?
A Court of Mist and Fury by Sara J. Maas. Probably one of the few good things that happened to me in 2017 so far, and the only one out of two series added to my list of all-time-favorite series. Penryn and the End of Days by Susan Ee is runner-up.
New Release You Haven’t Read Yet, But Want To?
The Dark Prophecy by Rick Riordan, Windwitch by Susan Dennard, Blood Rose Rebellion by Rosalyn Eves, When It’s Real by Erin Watt, and The Alchemist of Loom by Elise Kova.
Most Anticipated Release For Second Half of 2017?
Fallen Heir by Erin Watt, Spirit Witch by Helen Harper.
Hush, Hush series by Becca Fitzpatrick, Sweet Trilogy by Wendy Higgins (less than Hush Hush), Throne of Glass (kind of, yeah). Unearthly by Cynthia Hand (not that bad, didn’t hate it as much because I didn’t buy it). Also The Iron King by Julie Kagawa. This is probably the book I feel betrayed most by because so many people suggested it to me. One of them was actually one of my favorite authors. But I ended right really didn’t like the heroine as a character, I found her bratty and kind of whinny. But if I have time, I might re-read this book just to give it a second chance (and to get back my money’s worth).
Cruel Beauty by Rosamund Hodge. So much better than I expected!
Favorite New Author?
Jennifer L. Armentrout. Her books is not winning book of the year award anytime soon, but she has become my go-to author if I’m ever looking for a guilty read. And Susan Ee probably for Angelfall (if that woman would just start writing books for god’s sake…-_-)
Newest Fictional Crush?
Rhysand from ACOTAR!!! Holy crap Rhysand all the way man. And Warner from Shatter Me. Beside from those two, Daemon from Lux series by Jennifer L. Armentrout, Raffe from Angelfall, and Roth from The Dark Elements also by Jennifer L. Armentrout.
Newest Favorite Character?
Rhysand from ACOTAR, Penryn from Angelfall, Layla from The Dark Elements,
Book That Made You Cry?
This actually took a while to remember, because I know I’ve read a few books this year that had me crying, but I suddenly can’t remember. I know one of them are The Young Elites by Marie Lu, I think Shatter Me by Tahereh Mafi got me tearing up (kind of), At the end of A Court of Mist and Fury I was so scared and mad I think I cried a little (if you read the book you’ll know what I’m talking about), and…yeah so far those are the only ones I can remember.
Book That Made You Happy?
The Hating Game by Sally Thorne! Oh my god I swear I’ve never laughed so hard or so much in my life while reading a book.
Favorite Book To Movie Adaptation You Saw This Year?
First off, there are no such thing as ‘Favorite Book To Movie Adaptation’ for a bookworm, secondly, I didn’t watch any because why in the world would I torture myself that way.
This is a really successful reading list (or re-reading week) for an entire month. I discovered one new series to add to my list of favorites (Sarah J. Maas fails to disappoint) and two others which were a little disappointing (*cough* hush hush and sweet *cough*).
There are rules for participating in this award. These rules helps to spread the word and allows more bloggers to receive recognition and also receive the award.
Write a 150-300 word post about your favorite blog that is not your own.
When I was just new to the blogging world, there were a few blogs I looked to for inspiration. One of the blogs were The Parchment Girl (Kate Scott). I actually got a chance to interview her, check out the link here. Anyway, I often look to her blog to look for some good inspiration ideas for blog posts, because like me, she also enjoys making some amazing and beautiful lists. Either way, it can be said that she’s kind of my idol, in the way. And she always make these AMAZING photos for her blog posts, especially book reviews and covers, and I’m just like ‘how did you do that’… Either way she’s great, and it’s no surprise how popular her blog is because of it. Another thing I love about her blog is how clean it is. Everything, the entire aura of the blog is just elegant, soft and beautiful. It’s just so satisfying to browse and a such a beautiful environment.
Provide 10 Random Facts About Yourself
1. I’m a skilled martial artist (karate/Tae Kwon Do)
2. I’m also a video game gamer
3. I am an obsessed Percy Jackson Fan
4. I’m also a huge fan of the sketch comedy show, Studio C and detective murder mystery anime, Detective Conan/Case Closed
5. My favorite authors are Rick Riordan, Elise Kova, and Rachel E. Carter
6. My wish is one day I’ll get a kindle case that is signed by all three of my favorite authors
7. I absolutely LOVE hate-love relationship in books
8. I totally go into a mode when someone mentions the words ‘Greek Mythology’ (again, Percy Jackson)
9. I have vowed to throw a Percy Jackson book at the director of the movie’s face (Chris Columbus) if that bastard ever show his face in from of me (I’m not kidding). #readthebookasshole. “Here, have my book. Just saved you 20 dollars so you can save an entire 40 million piece of crap”
10. I love coffee and my favorite tea is barley tea
Nominate 5 – 11 blogs/businesses that you feel deserve the award, who have less than 200 followers on Instagram
Nominees are still pending. Please contact me if you’ll like to be nominated
List these Rules:
What to Do if Nominated for the Liebster Award
Back in 2011 the rules were a simple case of acknowledgment of the nominator and to nominate 5 more. Now in 2017 it is a little more involved and will continue to evolve as blogging becomes more accessible.
If you have been nominated for The Liebster Award AND YOU CHOOSE TO ACCEPT IT, write a blog post about the Liebster award in which you should do the follow:
1. Thank the person who nominated you, and post a link to their blog on your blog. Try to include a little promotion for the person who nominated you. They will thank you for it and those who you nominate will also help you out as well.
2. Display the award on your blog — by including it in your post and/or displaying it using a “widget” or a “gadget”. (Note that the best way to do this is to save the image to your own computer and then upload it to your blog post.) At the bottom of this post I’ve included a whole lot of images you can use for your 2017 Liebster Award.
3. For the 2017 Liebster Award I will be shaking things up! Write a 150-300 word post about your favourite blog that is not your own. Explain why you like the blog, provide links.
4. Provide 10 random facts about yourself. (This year I’m making this optional. If you wish to engage with your readers it’s a great idea to include random facts about you.)
5. Nominate 5 – 11 blogs that you feel deserve the award, who have a less than 200 followers. (Note that you can always ask the blog owner this since not all blogs display a widget that lets the readers know this information!)
6. List these rules in your post (You can copy and paste from here or simply link by to this post.) Once you have written and published it, you then have to:
7. Inform the people/blogs that you nominated that they have been nominated for the Liebster award and provide a link for them to your post or mine if you don’t have all the information so that they can learn about it (they might not have ever heard of it! Post a comment in the comments below so I can view your post and check out your blog. I personally visit each and every one. I visited a few hundred last year!!
If you have been nominated before at any time please share the love. Many people believe the Liebster award is similar to a chain email/letter and sure it shares similarities but the underlining idea is to help promote each others’ blogs.
The Pulitzer Prize Award is an annual award which celebrates achievements in newspaper, magazine and online journalism, literature, and musical composition in the United States. I’ts presented by Columbia University, and was founded in 1917.
It is one of the post respected and honorable award in literature. Here is a list of the fiction (and Arts & Letters) winners:
2017 is coming fast, so it wouldn’t be too late to start the 2017 reading challenge. I’m actually done half of it myself already, and this list was inspired by my past reading experiences and interests for the future of 2017.
☐ A BOOK THAT IS A RETELL OF A POPULAR FARYTAIL
☐ A NEWBERRY AWARD WINNING BOOK
☐ A MURDER MYSTERY BOOK
☐ A HORROR BOOK (THAT ACTUALLY SCARED YOU
☐ A FREE BOOK
☐ A BOOK ABOUT SPIES
☐ A BOOK YOU SAW FROM AN AD
☐ A BOOK RECOMMENDED FROM THAT ONE FRIEND OF YOURS THAT USUSALLY DON’T READ
☐ A BOOK THAT ACTUALLY MADE YOU CRY
☐ A BOOK THAT MADE YOU STAND UP AND SHUT THE BOOK CLOSE FOR A FEW SECONDS TO PICK YOURSELF BACK TOGETHER BECAUSE THE CHARACTER DONE SOMETHING EXTREMELLY STUPID AND YOU JUST CAN’T TAKE IT ANYMORE
☐ A BOOK THAT MADE YOU GAG BECAUSE OF THE ‘ROMANTIC’ ROMANCE
☐ A BOOK IN ANOTHER LANGUAGE (OR IF YOU ONLY SPEAK ONE, A BOOK TRANSLATED INTO ENGLISH FROM ANOTHER LANGUAGE)
☐ A BOOK WITH A COVER THAT CATCHED YOUR EYE
☐ A BOOK OR SERIES THAT TOPPED YOUR CURRENT FAVORITE BOOK/SERIES
☐ A BOOK ABOUT THE END OF A WORLD
☐ A BOOK THAT BECAME (OR WOULD BECOME) A MOVIE SOMEWHERE IN 2017
☐ A BOOK WITHOUT A HEA (HAPPILY EVER AFTER) ENDING
☐ A SERIES/BOOK THAT ENDED WITH THE SIGNIFICANT OTHER OF THE HEROINE EITHER DYING OR LOSING HIS MEMOC
☐ FINISH REALLY POPULAR SERIES THAT YOU’VE HEARD OF YOUR ENTIRE LIFE BUT NEVER ACTUALLY READ BEOFRE (E.G HARRY POTTER, TWILIGHT, etc.)
☐ A FIRST EDITION BOOK
☐ A BOOK THAT MENTIONED ANOTHER BOOK YOU’VE READ
☐ A BOOK PUBLISHED BY A PERSON THAT IS NOT A WRITER (BIOGRAPHY, ACTOR’S BOOKS, etc.)
☐ A BOOK WITH BETRAYL
☐ A BOOK WITH A NUMBER IN THE TITLE
☐ A NON-FICTION BOOK BASED ON A FICTION SERIES/WORLD
☐ A BOOK THAT YOU’VE READ BEFORE AND YOU ABSOLUTLEY DON’T WANT TO READ AGAIN
☐ A BOOK THAT’S BEEN ON YOUR TBR LIST FOR FAR TOO LONG
☐ A BOOK THAT ALREADY HAS A MOVIE MADE THAT YOU ALREADY WATCHED
☐ A SERIES THAT YOU QUIT BEFORE FINISHING THE ENTIRE SERIES