Authors and Publishers, Please take a look at my below criteria before consider contacting me for a book review request.
Please in your review request include how you found my blog (a.k.a blogger platforms, google, etc).
Reviews Formats I would Accept:
- Kindle/eBooks/Mobi files
- Paperbacks (you will need to ship it out of the US)
- PDFs (although not preferred because the format is not very convenient on kindle)
- Audiobooks (preferably mp3 file, because I’m having some problems and complications with Audible)
- I have nothing against it, but I do prefer mainstream romances (M/F)
I can’t accept Epubs, because there are some technical difficulties when it is used on my kindle. And please send Mobi files if you can, since PDFs are really inconvenient for me to read.
I am generally very open to all genres, but here are some more specific information on genres I’m more favorable towards and more:
Genres I Would Review:
This is a blog that is opened to all kinds of literature, but mainly focuses on YA and NA. I only occasionally take Adult books. Below are the YA and NA genres I usually tend to favor upon, but not the only ones I will accept because I’m really opened to all genres.
- Young Adult (all)
- Fantasy, high fantasy
- Science Fiction/Dystopian
- Romance (as long as it’s not inst-love, and preferably just a subplot)
The Genres I listed in this list below would be the ones I would no longer accept. I have tried them before and is genuinely not interested in them:
- This is a young adult /new adult book blog. So I will not accept any books for middle grade, adult, or anything that does not fall under young or new adult.
- Insta-love books (star-crossed lovers, love at first sight)
- Erotica Romance
- Children’s Books
- Historical Fiction
- Middle grade/tween books
- Books without romance included
If your book has the following tropes, please explicitly tell me in your message. I love these tropes so much, so if your books have the following tropes the chances of me accepting them would be drastically higher:
- Hate-love relationship/slow burn romance
- Villain love interests, the “not so horrible jerks”
- Protagonist sent into a competition/school/etc to infiltrate and steal something, just be a spy, things like that
I do accept indie and self-published books as long as the genre is in the category that I would accept. However, there is no guarantee that I would accept it since I often have to choose from a lot of books. But please feel free to email me anyway, because if I cannot write a review for the book I’ll still be more than willing to do a free book spotlight/promotion.
Also, I would very much appreciate it if your review request can include a quick info on how you found my blog, and please remember to include a Goodreads or Amazon link for book along with your book description.
About My Reviews:
- My reviews include the 5-star rating system (with my own format, and a simple essay or just several paragraphs.
- For the book information, I’ll include the book cover and the synopsis, number of pages, publication date, author, series, genres, and title.
- I will provide a short bio about the author. The picture and bio I will use will all be retrieved from the author’s Goodreads profile.
- I’ll criticize anything if there’s anything to criticize, and I would go on a praise anything and everything I found good in the book.
- Also, please go ahead and check out my other reviews if you want to get a better idea of what formats I use.
- I will always post the finished review on Amazon and Goodreads as well as my blog
- Please note that I one straight policy for all my reviews: I do not start a review until I completely finished the entire book, due to the fact that my opinion in books often grow as the book progresses.
- I love interviewing authors or bloggers. If there’s any request for sponsor or interview request, you can either email me at email@example.com or fill out this link here.
- If I’m not able to review it, I will always offer a free promotion(book spotlight) for the book. Or, if there are any upcoming tours, blitzes or cover reveals that you would like me to participate, please feel free to contact me as well.
- Beside from that, even if I did reject your request because the book is not for me, I may be willing to recruit and find other reviewers and bloggers for the book.
- I also accept promotional paid posts and campaign requests.